Top Shelf Aquatics

Coral banded shrimp Killed my Cleaner shrimp

zerocool5878

zerocool5878

I am soooo Pis#ed. I looked at my tank and saw a little white leg floating in the water. So i knew my cleaner shrimp had a problem. My cleaner shrimp got beat to death by my coral banded shrimp. He ripped him apart totally.

I just got the banded shrimp the other day. Are they not compatable with other shrimp or what? I don't think i read anything about this happening. My cleaner shrimp cost 24.99 and my coral banded cost 14.99 damn coral banded!

Which one does a better job cleaning b/c if its the cleaner shrimp I will get another and get rid of this bad A$$.

In a week or 2 i was going to go get a peperment shrimp and i was also thinking about a harliquin shrimp eventully but now im having second thoughts

Advice would be great!

Thanks

Mike

zerocool5878

bump!

I am soooo Pis#ed. I looked at my tank and saw a little white leg floating in the water. So i knew my cleaner shrimp had a problem. My cleaner shrimp got beat to death by my coral banded shrimp. He ripped him apart totally.

I just got the banded shrimp the other day. Are they not compatable with other shrimp or what? I don't think i read anything about this happening. My cleaner shrimp cost 24.99 and my coral banded cost 14.99 damn coral banded!

Which one does a better job cleaning b/c if its the cleaner shrimp I will get another and get rid of this bad A$$.

In a week or 2 i was going to go get a peperment shrimp and i was also thinking about a harliquin shrimp eventully but now im having second thoughts

Advice would be great!

Thanks

Mike

Juanhunglo69

Get rid of the banded. You will only be able to keep him. If you get a cleaner you can keep other types. Do your research before you buy anything else for your tank. Use the search feature at the top right of each page on this forum

Archived