Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My little piece of ocean...

Hopsing

Hey everyone.  I finally managed to upload a pic of my newly set up nano-reef.  Here's the specs.  It's an Eclipse System 12 with 16 lbs of LR and about 15 lbs of LS.  It has a couple RIO 90s to move stuff around and of course an expensive heater that keeps my tank at a warm 82 degrees at ALL times.  So far, I only have 2 scarlet hermits and a couple of baby hitchhiker snails.  I'm waiting to upgrade my light then I will introduce a coral or two.  Thanks to all of you for your help.  I couldnt have done it without you.  Any questions/suggestions?  I would love to hear from you.   click here  It's sort of big - sorry.

Hopsing, it looks great, my only suggestion is that your stacked rock looks like it might be unstable. When you add fish there is a potential of them moving the sand and/or rock and consequently causing a mini rock-slide. This might make it slightly difficult to add coral to the high rocks also. It looks great though, your circulation in the tank is awesome. Keep posting the pics! :)

gaber

If you want to keep the bottom rocks more stable, you can bury them into the sand more since you have a nice deep one.

note:put your rock in first then the sand for first time set-up

Yea, I was thinking the same thing.  I went ahead and swapped out the smaller pieces on the bottom for the larger ones on top.  Gee, why didn't I think of that?  ; )

Archived