Cultivated Reef

My 7 Gallon Mini Bow Nano

Steele

Hey all,

Just wanted too try posting pics of my 7Nano Minibow on here and get some feedback. It is a relatively low light set up with just one 32 watt PC retro. Contains roughly 8-9 pounds live sand and roughly 15 pounds live rock. As of the moment, it's only inhabitants are a couple of blue legged hermits and a Striped Cleaner Shrimp, and two Feather Dusters with an Ocellaris Clown too join in the mix shortly.

Corals include a Finger Leather, Various Zoo's, Shrooms, a Colt, Yellow Polyps, a Tubestrea, a baby Toadstool and some starter GSP(both of which hopped in with the Shrooms on the rock...nice huh?), a Sea Mat, an awesome Cabbage Leather, a Green Ric, and some Clove Polyps that are under the Ric...not sure if they are gonna survive under there, but they were free as a "frag" that got pulled off another rock.

Filtration is simply a Fluval 104 and the small powerhead you see in the lower left hand corner is now gone...was only using it too see if I needed it. I didn't...the Fluval is MORE than enough for this tank.

Specs are 74-75 degrees F (might have too train a fan on it this summer though), PH of around 8.3, Salinity of 1.023, Calcium of 420. This is my second set up with this lil guy. I decided I didn't like the "hodge podge" look I was starting too get the first time around (had it up for over a year and a half before I decided too start again) and I never DID like the space occupied by the powerhead in the first place. Decided that a Fluval would be MORE than enough...and I was right. Started fresh with new sand and rock, and it has been happy for the last 3 months now.

Go ahead and give me a critique. Just want too check MY tank against others tanks you know?

Steele

it is nice, that leather is great, but it looks huge in there. I also like the yellow polyps at the bottom. Nice tank.

Archived