ReefCleaners.org

My First Reef Tank

FishyPoo

Hello everybody,

This is my first post. I have read alot about nano reefs here and decided to give it a try. I love my tank and spend as much time watching it as I do watching TV. I'm sure many of you can relate!

I have a 10 gallon with two pc 36W bulbs. One 10k other blue(only use 10k for now, waiting for everything to adjust to the light. Had 18w before.) set on timer for 12 hour on/off.

I build my own hood for the lights I got from Pet Supply Liquidator.

I have one mini jet pump. I have one Tronic 50W heater. There is about 15+ lbs of Live rock and not sure how much sand.

I have one coral, polyp type thing. Which I feed Black Powder to (and get lots of algae after first feed, too much...I know...)

What else......OH, 1 perc clown (Bozo), 2 red leg hermits (big one is MrCrabs), 1 turbo snail, 1 cone snail, 1 margarita snail?, 1 coral banded shrimp, and 1 scooter blenny(Scooter for short)

I tried to up load a pic but it must be too big of a file. I'll have to take some lower res pics later and post.

A cone snail?? Do you mean a cone shell??.....If thats true i would be VERY careful about sticking my hands in the tank. Cone shells are deadly poisonous.

jojopus,

I do mean cone snail. Perhaps that is not the correct name. It is a snail in a cone shaped shell. The kind of shell a hermit crab would take over.

Here's a pic of the whole tank, hood, and stand.

Only using one 36W 10k bulb in picture..

Built the hood myself, I'm rather proud of it:P

Here is a great pic of MrCrabs. His shell is from a snail that I would call a cone snail. If that is wrong. Feel free to correct me.

Naw... thats not a cone shell. Thats a shell from a cerith snail. This is a cone snail. There are many different color morphs of it ... though the shell shape is an identifying feature.

Oh....That is a good look'n snail. Nice color.

Well then what would you call the snail I got? He has the same shell as the hermit crab in the picture, just a bit smaller.

Is it just your run of the mill snail? The fish store I got that snail from called it a cone snail. Maybe they didn't know what it is. Could it be:D

Well, I'll have to try to get some good close ups of each critter I have for identification. I might continue using this thread for that.

Well, here is a pic of my coral banded shrimp, or is it banded coral shrimp?

Notice the red slime to the right, I got rid of it yesterday and rearranged the tank.

Archived