Top Shelf Aquatics

Liverock Formations

NanoJrFL

What is the best way to setup your liverock so that you can have a lot of coral? (i.e mound, sloping from front to back at highest) Also are there any no-no's in setting up liverock, like touching the glass or something?

offsprg01

try and keep it about 2 in from glass so that you can clean the alge off the glass other than that just have funa and make sure it's stable. i think that majority polace it sloping up towards the backand in sort of a cresent shape. that's just judging from their pics.

i'd agree with offsprg's suggestions and add, that you want the rock to touch as little as possible, like a house of cards versus a brick wall. make sure it's stable tho! ;) this allows circulation throughout the reef. think of the reef as a enormous organism with its various cells/animals located throughout. the sw is the blood that takes the nutrients to the cells and the wastes back out.

"in thru the cilli, who look a little silli, and act like little vents" :P

imo try to position the rock so the rock looks good without corals or anything. the corals can be anchored or grown in later. the rock work should look good. a prominent cave look is popular too, especially if you get a interesting fish or shrimp of some kind.

Archived