ReefCleaners.org

what the hell?

Uhuru

I have some really strange looking species in my fuge. They move around the glass and rocks by inflating like balloons and deflating. A lot like a jellyfish, but more flat, and they don't float around the water. The stay close to surfaces and seem to graze off algae or whatever is on there. I'm not sure though. Anyways they are about 5mm in diameter. Round body with two tiny little points at the posterior end. Transparent. I can't see any organs either. I REALLY wish I had a decent camera now...

sounds like a flat worm from the description you gave. You can search Clear Flatworm on yahoo.. there is a pretty good pic.

if i looks like an egg with yoke, but is clear aside from the brownish yoke (center) than it's a harmless flatworm that feeds on pods. once your pod population is reduced they'll disappear on their own. they are kind of cool how they can swim around though, aren't they. i kind of miss mine. freaked out when i first saw them all over the glass though. but they are pretty harmless.

side note: these are one of the only harmless variety of flatworms. so, if yours don't fit my egg-like description you might want to take action.

percula_clown
if i looks like an egg with yoke, but is clear aside from the brownish yoke (center) than it's a harmless flatworm that feeds on pods. once your pod population is reduced they'll disappear on their own. they are kind of cool how they can swim around though, aren't they. i kind of miss mine. freaked out when i first saw them all over the glass though. but they are pretty harmless.

side note: these are one of the only harmless variety of flatworms. so, if yours don't fit my egg-like description you might want to take action.

kinda stupid if they eat all the pods tho :angry:

They won't clear out the pod population, and they'll disappear within weeks anyway.

Don't rely on biological means to "get rid of" problems...You usually end up with more problems.

Archived