Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2.5 to MiniBow 7 Pics.

OxInYourBox

OxInYourBox

Well my 2.5 turned out to not be enough room (along with a slow leak developing but in a reef tank any leak isn't good) so I decided to upgrade to a Mini Bow 7. I had thought about another Alife but I like the minibow better than the Alife for a couple reasons (glass, width, lighting etc.). Currently the tank has: Mini HOT Filter with no media, Visitherm 25W heater, Via Aqua Powerhead (had it laying around and needed some movement for the initial break in. Might swap out with a MJ 606 soon), Physh1 Auto Top off, ~4-5# of LS maybe more can't remember :), 1 5# LR centerpiece (going to add some tonga branch to hide the PH and heater and to give some cliffs and good mounting points for SPS ;), capnella, xenia, button polyps, Orange and purple zoo's, 2 blue legged hermits, 4 turbo snails, and a fat yellow watchman goby. Today he started digging in his cave so the LR has substrate all over it. He's making quite a home. Here are some shots of the move last week and some ones from earlier this week:

Mini Bow up and running. Waiting for the temperature to stablize. The water level was taken down more to accomodate for the water and live stock coming in from the 2.5.

IMG_0001(Medium).jpg

The bow about 5 minutes after the move. Being at work I didn't have all of my buckets and other supplies needed to make it a bit easier for the livestock but all is well.

IMG_0002(Medium).jpg

Side view showing the Mini HOT filter (no media), Physh1 Auto Top off Switch, and the lighting's vent hole. I haven't had any heat problems yet with the vent hold and the 32W CSL Retrofit (Photoperiod of 11.5 hours on).

[IMG_0003(Medium).jpg

Day after shot. The xenia on the left started to shrink and melt away so I yanked it out and took it home where it's recovering nicely in my 10G.

IMG_0005(Medium).jpg

Later on I'll have the recent shots (forgot to take them off the camera) of the goby hanging out. I just rearranged the heater and took out the via aqua powerhead in favor of a 606.

IMG_0001(Medium).jpg

Archived