Innovative Marine Aquariums

molting time?

t0mmyb0y

hey guys, how long does it take for a fire shrimp to molt? mine started last night apparently cuz in the morning i found his molted tail end in one location and him lying on his side in another location. i figured i'd give him some more time but it is now almost 3:30pm and he's still lying there. he's dead isn't he? :(

. he's dead isn't he? :(

Well is he moving. BTW thats a really funny way to ask if he is dead. Your like "He's Dead isn't he?" I can just see you asking that with a big ol frown. He might be dead just keep an eye on him. If he is not moving then I would think he is dead. I know that my skunk cleaner shrimp and sally light foot crab molt overnight. I wake up and see the old shells, so I am not to sure on what to tell you . hope he is still swimming.

More than likely...

My peppermint shared the same fate. I think there was an iodine deficiency in the water, had trouble molting, Nassarius snails got a whiff, starting eating his legs off....

Quite sad really...

thanks for the responses guys. yah i think he broke on through to the other side. he doesn't seem to be moving. at first i thought he was still alive because his antennae were moving, but i realize now that it's just the water current that's making it wave around. he was pretty cool too. oh well, farewell my crustacean sensation...

Archived