Pod Your Reef

which is easier to keep? frogspawn or torch?

Tworoads

frogspawn are waaayyy easier to keep than torch corals. In fact, frogspawn do so well, and grow so fast, that they can become a problem (size-wise).

Torches tend to be a little more sensitive, in terms of water quality, placement, and lighting. I have 3 frogs, 3 hammers, and 1 torch. The hammers and frogs are huge and beginning to split off new branches, while the torch has pretty much remained the same size since I bought it. Also, I used to have 3 torches, and now I have one, so that part is pretty self explanitory.

atleast, this has been my experience...

frogspawn are waaayyy easier to keep than torch corals. In fact, frogspawn do so well, and grow so fast, that they can become a problem (size-wise).

Torches tend to be a little more sensitive, in terms of water quality, placement, and lighting. I have 3 frogs, 3 hammers, and 1 torch. The hammers and frogs are huge and beginning to split off new branches, while the torch has pretty much remained the same size since I bought it. Also, I used to have 3 torches, and now I have one, so that part is pretty self explanitory.

atleast, this has been my experience...

How long did it take for your hammers to start splitting? Also, what type of hammers do you have? branching, wall, etc?

Chupacabras
How long did it take for your hammers to start splitting? Also, what type of hammers do you have? branching, wall, etc?
By definition, mustn't he be talking about euphyllia paranchora ie branching anchor?

Edit: And IME torch is the toughest, simply because it's very sensitive to flow, specifically any direct flow.

In my expierience, there all easy to keep.

-Mike :)

+1

I have an 11-headed torch, a 2-headed frogspawn, and 3 very small hammer corals. They're all very easy.

I've never had an issue with my torch, which has been moved to nearly every spot in 2 aquariums in the past 4 months. It's gone from 7 to 11 heads in the last 2 months. I think the frogspawn is probably a bit easier, since it has been happily sitting in the deadest spot in the tank for the past month without me even feeding it.

Archived