Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

your thoughts on arrow crab?

Tworoads

hi,

i think arrow crabs look wicked cool. i have done lots of reading on them and it seems to be split as to weather or not i can have them in my 34 g Red Sea Max.

i dont plan on doing lots of corals...maybe a frogspawn or tourch coral for my clows but thats it.

any thoughts?

oh...also, how do you feel about coral banded shrimp?

thanks everyone!

How about you tell us everything you've learned about them so far, then we'll fill in anything extra thats relevant.

• 3 months later...

not the greatest invert for a reef tank, i've even heard that larger arrow crabs sometimes prey on small reef fish like clowns or damsels. Not the greatest of choices, stick with a cleaner or a peppermint. sorry dude

not the greatest invert for a reef tank, i've even heard that larger arrow crabs sometimes prey on small reef fish like clowns or damsels. Not the greatest of choices, stick with a cleaner or a peppermint. sorry dude

Yep, and they love, love to eat bristleworms, which are a vital part of your cleanup crew. But as far as being reef-safe with corals, I've never seen one go after anything other than bristleworms and fish (when they're really big).

Archived