Top Shelf Aquatics

50 gal

Mumbles

Well got my new 50 gallon filled doing a leak test been working on this thing all day lol .Looks like i need to get some teflon tape the hardware store was closed so i was gonna see if i could get away without it but i dont thinks so. Slow leak coming from one of my returns at a bulkhead /sigh .I was also a little urked that The stand i made is 1in to short for my old 30g i was gonna use for the sump .So im using a 20g rubbermaid container til i can pickup a 20L .The tank is a 50g clarity plus using a mag 9 for return plugged into a scwd .Works pretty good no micro bubbles or anything although had to turn back flow a little bit because of the sound of the overflow was so loud gonna try and pickup a durso stand pipe .I heard they cut down the noise a bit.Im using a tek 5 t-5 4 bulb fixture . Tanks gonna be a reef tank .Ill post some pics of the setup soon as i can find the cord to my digi cam .

Well got all the pieces and made myself a durso standpipe today so much quieter.

Also bought some teflon tape fixed all leaks ! Final fill today also tossed in a heater if all goes well will add the salt and sand !

Archived