Coral Vue Hydros

star pics

ssirishpride

ssirishpride

The wife named the one Oz cause with her legs sticking out from under a rock she looks like the wicked witch from the wizard of oz. and Ruby is kinda self explainatory.

Beautiful! I love echinoderms! Just such a fascinating phylum!

The only ones I know anything about are the brittle star hitchers I've got. I assume you researched these to know their requirements & habits? From what I hear some are reef safe, some not...

The first is a serpent star?

--Diane

ssirishpride

Yes, Ken @ sealife inc. is very helpful with livestock selection. He is confident in these 2 varities. The love to eat Rod's food and mysis in my tank. so far so good with my reef dwellers. Yes the first one is harlequin serpent star.

Yes, Ken @ sealife inc. is very helpful with livestock selection. He is confident in these 2 varities. The love to eat Rod's food and mysis in my tank. so far so good with my reef dwellers. Yes the first one is harlequin serpent star.

Maybe just because I'm something of a biology wonk, I enjoy counting how many phyla are represented in my little slice of reef. (With FW, I was lucky to get beyond 3...) And the echinoderms are just so cool!

Do yours stay visible, or were you just able to get pics when you first added them? I know that some stars stay obvious, but my brittles stay in the LR. Their sinuous arms are always obvious, however, and the few times that I catch a glimpse of the whole animal are all the more fun for being rare...

--Diane

ssirishpride

oh yes, they are out all the time. the red one is more courious. but they are always fun to watch.

Archived