Top Shelf Aquatics

Does anyone know what kind of crab this is?

allin14

I was watching my tank this morning and out of no where came this huge purple crab that I have never seen before. If anyone knows what it is and if its reef safe I would really appreciate it!

DSCF0036-1.jpg

DSCF0037-2.jpg

a guess but...

maybe something in genus Platypodiella

OR

Xanthias

OR

Liomera

k never mind bye!

Thanks Diane!

It is definetly not reef safe, I woke up this morning and I saw the little son of a @#$% eating my clam!!!!! Does anyone have any tips on catching crabs? Thanks

Thanks Diane!

It is definetly not reef safe, I woke up this morning and I saw the little son of a @#$% eating my clam!!!!! Does anyone have any tips on catching crabs? Thanks

Soda bottle method works well put a shrimp or some other meaty stuff inside a clean soda bottle cut the drinking end off and flip the drinking end you cut off and stick it in the other end then place it in the tank and wait. he will be able to get in but not back out. HTH's !

Thanks Diane!

Sharp stick?

Thanks guys, I'll give the soda bottle a trick first. But if it doesnt work I will definetly use the sharp stick method pickle :)

Archived