Cultivated Reef

best first anenomie for A.Osoleris clown?

Tworoads

crazinezz978

first id try other host options like frogspawn, xenia, anthella, e.t.c. but if you're set on having an anemone, then the bubble tip would be your best bet.

what size/lighting tank is this?

Is your clown captive raised?

My two occes are and therefore are too bloody stupid to host in anything I get for them! They have me thinking about selling them off and buying some wild caught perks or tomatoes....

so annoying

I too have a pair of Ocellaris clowns and a BTA. They have been in the tank together for over a week and have not had the clowns host the anemone. I heard they take time and it may be that my clowns are tank bred and don't have the instincts to host the anemone.

Does the technique of taping a picture of "clowns hosting an anemone" to the glass work?

Mike :)

first id try other host options like frogspawn, xenia, anthella, e.t.c. but if you're set on having an anemone, then the bubble tip would be your best bet.

hi...thanks

its a 34g Red Sea Max. Im not sure about the lighting cuz it all came together.

hi...thanks

i also wanted to ask why you suggest these before an anemone? thanks for your hellp!

crazinezz978
bta?

bubble tip anemone + clown = 40 bucks at bluezooaquatics, pretty good deal.

I suggest other options first because they are hardier then an anemone. Also they arent as aggressive.

The other alternatives were given because they are easier to keep alive.

Anemones should be added to established tanks (6 months old or more). THis means that I have 4 months left. Before then I'll have tried the other corals first.

BTA= bubble tipped anemone

dsoz

hi...thanks

Anemones are extremely difficult creatures to care for. I'd suggest doing quite a bit of research before buying one.

Archived