Pod Your Reef

Piccolo Skimmers

Crakeur

I have noticed a lot of people looking for the piccolo. I have been unable to get one for myself and I have scoured the net, contacted the company etc.. I did find a store in Washington that sells them and was willing to ship but, when I asked for the phone number so I could call and place the order, my email went unanswered. So I contacted the US distributor. I am going to place a bulk order if enough people are interested in the skimmer (and if the quantity isn't ridiculous). So, if you're interested in getting a piccolo, let me know.

If you have a source for them, that is willing to ship to NYC, let me know and I can abandon the project of turning myself into a skimmer merchant.

Thanks.

I did the same thing as you Crakeur. I contacted the main company in Germany and they referred me to a place in California called Quality Marine. After about a month of waiting they responded to my E-mail with 2 places around me that carry them. I haven't had a chance to contact them yet or know if they ship or not but here are the places.

Regency Pet Center

Lexington, Kentucky

1-859-277-0204

Sandy's Pet Shop

Louisville, Kentucky

1-502-636-2743

thanks, I'll give them a call today.

I will still puruse the bulk order as it might still be the only option. I'll keep you updated.

I called the company too, and they gave me the name of the closest store to me. It's in marlbrough mass. I called there and the store didn't have any, but he was willing to order them and ship them to me. The name is office aquaria / all thigs fishy. I've never been there b/c its 2 hrs away, but maybe someone that lives around there can give us a review of the store.

http://www.officeaqua.com/

Id like one.

Will it fit in a penguin mini? Or is it a HOB? I dont know ######e about it, but i think skimming peridoically would be good.

Zizmans, what pump are you running your piccolo with?

I have an extremely noisy old pump that I want to replace with something nice and quiet, but strong enough.

So far I have nothing to skim, but by next week...

Siskiou

SORRY I DOUBLE POSTED. I'm running a Tetratec 150, I use 1 for the skimmer and block one for ?. I spoke with SANDERS and they suggest a 50. I'd say go with them they built it. I like having an extra output and controlling the air on the pump though

Pink_Mist

If you want a quiet air pump to go with the Piccolo, I'd recommend getting a Schego Optimal air pump. I have one, and it is the quietest air pump I have ever used -- hands down. It's also adjustable which could be a plus for skimming. It's what I plan on using when I get my Piccolo. HTH.

well, so far I have not received a response from the distributor, I emailed the store in Texas and got no response either. Seems to me that nobody wants to sell the damned thing.

Anyone in the vicinity of a store that sells the skimmer that is willing to purchase one and ship to me, let me know. I will paypal the money for the skimmer and my ups account for shipping. I'll even toss in some coin for your troubles.

MWehr76364

I am going to lexington this weekend so if i see one i will pick some up and let you know. If they have them i will probably get a couple for myself.

Thanks

Mike W

Crakeur, I think the place in Washington you might have trying to get in contact with is Blue Sierra in Issaquah. Try giving them a call at 425-392-5360. I know they carry the Piccolo.

because I have the money to spend on it and because I prefer my tank to not look ghetto-fied. Not knocking any diyers but, if you can afford to get the right piece, why knock yourself out trying to duplicate someone else's work?

Thanks for the air pump suggestions, zizmans and pink mist!

The Schego pumps are a little expensive. I guess you pay for the German quality .

But since I don't enjoy loud buzzing noises, I may go for it if I can find one locally.

Finding the Tetras shouldn't be a problem.

Siskiou

Crak, If you go for the bulk buy add me to the list. My reef store doesn't carry them and I would love to have one.

Thanks!!

Gotcha caja. Mike was unable to get them in Ky so I will try the distributor again on Monday. Not even a return email from these clowns.

Pink_Mist

Hey Caja,

I noticed you lived in Northern Virginia. The Reef Store has an order on shipment. I talked to them today and they should be getting them in later this week, hopefully. I'm not sure how many they ordered or how much they'll be. I've left my name and number with them so they can tell me when they come in. You might want to drop them a line. We might be able to hook you up, Crakeur. Unfortunately, I dunno how many they are gonna get in stock, or what the price is gonna be yet. Just FYI.

Archived