Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

question about crabs

Tworoads

i want to get a crab but not sure what to get....i have a nano cube. so far 2 clowns, one cleaner shrimp. i will later add anenmoes (sp?)

I wouldn't add any crab other than hermits to my tank. They say some are reef safe but they can still start messing with your coral if they don't have enough to eat.

I have a large male emerald crab and he is perfectly fine around my corals. I haven't had a single piece of bubble algae show up since I got him and he is very entertaining when he eats. The obvious solution to everyone's problem with crabs becoming aggresive to their corals is to feed them. It not like it's hard, considering the fact that you have to feed your fish and some corals anyways. I feed mine every 2-3 days and he's happy.

Nice cross-reference, Murphy. There are so many threads here it's nice to help each other out this way.

This thread needs a pic! Here's my pom-pom, not the best pic I have (his pom poms were in motion!) but one that was already in imageshack--probably because I posted it on the other thread:

dscn0752largess2.jpg

--Diane

Nice cross-reference, Murphy. There are so many threads here it's nice to help each other out this way.

This thread needs a pic! Here's my pom-pom, not the best pic I have (his pom poms were in motion!) but one that was already in imageshack--probably because I posted it on the other thread:

dscn0752largess2.jpg

--Diane

That looks very cool indeed!

Archived