Pod Your Reef

2 Hours old!!!

Littleoceans

Littleoceans

Hi all... Just set this up in my office this morning!! Been working on it for about a month...... specs:

7 gal minbow

aquaclear 300 DYI w/fuge/auto top off/critter cage/suface skimmer

visa-term 50W heater

32watt 50/50 w DYI cooling fans (3)

DYI oak stand

and some other goodies I am working on....

12# LR

10# LS

3 crabs

I would like to give a shout out to the following peeps:

Chris Marks...... awesome web site! Without this site I would not of been able to get these ideas and plans!

Gil..... I saw you minibow and knew I wanted one!... Thanks for the inspiration!

Mattgecko... You gave me the idea of the aquaclear fuge and issues with it.... hope you don't mind me copying your setup...

Please let me know what you all think.... I will keep you posted...

this is how you upoad pics :) : at thebottem of the reply bit there is a attach file bit, browze your computer and select the right files if there in gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg they should work

p.s cant wait for pics :)

Littleoceans

Rfrost, thanks for that..... but it seems when I do that it tells me the pics exceed the maximum size to upload? I don't know why there around 380kb per pic??? any ideas?

Awesome craftsmanship !

I cant even find the wire or probe for the "little time and temp".

More pics on what's hiding in the aquaclear please...LOL

Originally posted by Christopher Marks

Hey! Looks great Littleoceans! What's that mounted on top of the light stip?

Looks like DYI cooling fans (3)

Hey great looking Minibow you have going there LittleOceans! The thermometer in the lightstrip is an awesome theory. Nice rockscape as well. Keep us updated on your progress! Good work.

Gil

Littleoceans

Dap, here are some pics for you..... I don't have the fuge in there yet..... I will upload some pics when I get it in ... here are some pics of the float switch(hidden in the skimmer box) and the heater in the sump of the filter... the white connector in the back is for fresh water intake. I am using a universal washer fluid system made by JC whitney ($17bucks!!) that runs on 12 volts.... will have upcoming pics when finshed.

Excellent, definetly update us when your fuge going.

Where did you get that black "cage" material you have around your auto top of float ?

Littleoceans

Hi Dap, The "black cage material" is from a local arts & craft store... It is basically hook latching material, its 49 cents for a 12'x12' pc. I use tie raps to hold its shape....

• 1 month later...

Do you have any pics of the universal washer fluid system ?

Actually, my real question is: Does the pump have copper parts to it?

Archived