Innovative Marine Aquariums

Green ric

zizmans

Hey everyone. I adopted this Green Ric. Not sure if this crimp in its body is normal. Tried doing searches with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I hope all of you know from my past posts the I don't procure inhabitants without research. This one was a long story. Thank you

zizman: I have now seen a massive amount of nano's on this board over a year now :). About 75% i have seen have rics that have at LEAST 1 "crimp on it i dont think that it's abnormal

• 4 weeks later...

I think something is wrong with the ones without a crimp. All of mine seem to have a crimp. However they do some times loose the crimp and flatten out a bit.

the crimp ziz is referring to is the slight bend on the left side of the shroom. I think it is absolutely normal. My experience with rics has always been that they develop a crimp and it can come and go. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

I think a "crimp" would occur when the body of the mushroom has a larger area than the radius would allow, causing the bump. Just about every mushroom I've seen has this, so I would say it's normal.

Archived