Top Shelf Aquatics

New 20 long

jsteve29

I have had this tank running for about three weeks and everything has been doing great, including having a hairy mushroom split in two! The tank details should be in my signature line.

yeah man. that looks like a harlequin shrimp. there diet consists of starfish, starfish, and o yeah, starfish. they dont eat anything but starfish, so one of them has to go. other then that nice tank though;)

looking good. did you get any of your rock from tropicorium? just wondering cause it looks like you might have. I live in canton too. Let me know if you ever want to trade or buy frags.

peace,

joe

looking good. did you get any of your rock from tropicorium?

Yes, I have bought all of my stuff from them and have great luck so far. I'll look you up on the buying and trading once I am ready again. I have added quite a bit of stuff lately and I don't want to push my luck.

i used to get almost dead stars from a local shop for free...freeze them...chop off a chunk and give it to the harlequin...worked like a charm...I don't know if it will keep it off you linka but it may be worth a try

MJ

Yes it's a harlequin shrimp. If i were you I would get rid of the linkia AKA Papa smurf. A 20L is not suitable for one to thrive in. There is not enough LR for a Linkia to get a constant food source. Otherwise the tank is looking good. Your LR has some nice coraline coming in. Also I noticed that you had some buble algae on the one rock. Has it been coming in slow? If it is not growing rapidly little amounts in a tank can look nice.

JJ

One last thing when you purchased that linkia did the store tell you it was Linkia 100%? Because there are other stars that resemble Linkias but are unrelated.

The Linkia is food for the Harlequin since a chocolate chip starfish would eat my coral. My wife just became attached to since it is such a neat looking animal.

looks good, you should knock all that rock over and make it more natural. It will much easier to place corals on later too.

• 3 weeks later...

oh, and please stop taking your wife to the LFS, until you both learn not to put poor defenseless creatures to their death.

Archived