ReefCleaners.org

20gallon evening pic

DAP

SeaMountain

:D Couldn't have been up for very long... Tha Astreas look as if they were just tossed in! Shweet! B)

Wait until the hair algae and macro starts to show up! ;)

Yea, the Astreas were the last thing I added. I always try to lean them up against the glass to help them out a little.

I moved everything from my 15g, except for some corals, crabs, and lobsters that just didn't fit in with my plans for this new tank.

This tank has MH, so I have been slowly acclimating my polyps and a few mushrooms to the new lighting.

I have already noticed my rock turning green, where there isn't already coralline algae. Also I spot a little brown starting on a piece or two. This is a bummer, all of the rock in the tank I have had for between 1 and 4 years, and now it is going to turn green !!.

Just GOT 2 compliment the look of the tank looks real impressive, do ya have any other pics with all lights on :).

p.s which snail won the race to the top of the glass :P

Here is a pic with the MH on.

light%20005.jpg

I am really not happy with the aquascaping, but it was the best I do with the pieces I have. I had to leave room in the sand for 2 clams, so that made the slope of the "rock wall" a little steeper than I had invisioned.

I guess once its packed with corals it will be fine. :)

• 1 month later...

Are you sure you want star polyps in the tank? I had them in my nano for a while but they were growing out of control! Started growing on all the surrounding rocks!!!

These guys have been with me through thick and thin. (5 years) I have fragged them many times for friends. I have relocated them since this picture and my goal is to get them to grow on the glass, and not across the rocks. I see your point, at the rate they grow, they could easily take over a small tank.

Jackson: I have a 250watt 10k bulb and two 65watt actinics.

I wanted to go 400watt, but noise is a factor and I have no place for a chiller. I am running an iceprobe chiller in the sump, but I really think my 6" fan blowing across the sump is doing most of the cooling. My temps are from 79.7 to 81.6.

JIM27: Thanks, I did a little rearranging and I am a little happier. I guess it will look alot better when I get some more corals.

On another note; my polyps have started to attach and spread on the two side walls of the tank !

Yeah the aquascaping looks pretty good. Allot better than my own POS aquascaping job...

I need to hire someone to aquascape my tank! :|

Archived