ReefCleaners.org

Tiger Pistol Shrimp

Dave12678

How would one of these do in a reef with 2 clowns, a damsel and another cleaner shrimp? I also have some coral in there. I was thinking of getting one for my shrimp goby. Are they pretty hardy?

Thanks guys

Dave

I have one and it is totally reef safe as far as corals go. My only complaint is that it ate my stromatellas.

they're great for stirring sand and very interesting to watch.

if you're interested and live in the bay area (california) i am selling mine to free up some bioload.

even if you aren't in the bay area, feel free to PM me more questions about them. i really like them.

I don't really have an answer, pretty much wondering the same thing. I have a 12 gallon with a clown fish, yellow watchman goby, coral, and a peppermint shrimp. I've read some about pistol shrimp and it'd be cool to get one to pair with my goby, but would I have to get rid of the peppermint shrimp (I got it to get rid of aptasia, which it did successfully in about four days :) ). I guess it wouldn't be that big a deal to trade the peppermint shrimp or something, but if there's no reason to separate them... well, the peppermint shrimp has shown himself to be a good addition and would like to keep it if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Pinner Reef

Pistol shrimp are really cool... sorta. The only complaint I have of mine is that he uses frags to barracade his burrow. It does so with no reguard for the health or cost of the frag. They are stronger than one might think and can move rocks at least as big as they are.

Aside from that and the light sandstorm now and again no problems.

Note: I have no shrimp but the hermits and snails are ok with him. He just picks them up and moves them outta his way when necessary.

-pinner

Mines pretty cool, but I never see him unless he has a goby paired with him. My only complaint is he sometimes buries my frags and digs under my anemone.

Archived