SaltCritters.com

WTT corals and/or tank for custom hood

jdiver

I'm trying to find an adequate hood/lighting system for my Oceanic 40 stretch hex tank, and thus far have been unsuccessful. It looks like I might have to build a custom hood, but carpentry is not my forte. I know a number of people on here are experienced in that area. If anyone wants to trade helping me with a custom hood (even just cutting the wood- mitered cuts) in exchange for corals and/or a tank, please let me know.

Corals I have available include:

- yellow polyps

- red sea xenia

- neon green gsp

- brown star polyps

- various colored zoos

- green hairy shroom

- xenia elongata

- toadstool leather

I have a 2.5 gallon setup that includes:

- 2.5 gallon tank

- black DIY hood and base

- 13w light (ballast, reflector, new 50/50 bulb)

- 2-3 lbs ls

- 4-5 lbs lr (75-90% coralline coverage), with button polyps, star polyps, red shroom

I have a 7 gallon Alife setup (no livestock) that includes:

- 7 gallon tank, with sump in back

- PH

- 75w Ebo Jager heater

- full hood

- 28w light (built-in ballast, reflector, 3 month old 50/50 bulb)

- tank is currently setup but all livestock is being transferred

If anyone is interested (preferably local obviously in the Philly/NJ area), please let me know.

That would be great Liquid. Do you have any idea when you would know and how long it would take you to do? I don't mean to sound pushy, but I now have a pendant option available from PSL as well. Thanks.

Too be honest, unless you know the degree of the cuts (hex's go beyond the typical 45 degree cuts), it may be difficult to do without actually having the tank here to work off of. If I had the dimensions (including degrees), it would take a day to make).

So have you decided that a "hood for Alife" trade would work for you? I have all the exact tank dimensions, and I can get the angles easily enough (gotta find that old protractor). Can you point me to some pics of other hoods you've made? Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hello JDiver,

Just wanted to see if you had pics of your tank? I was looking into getting one of these tanks and havent been able to see anyone's who has one set up. I'm in Philadelphia area......There are some people in my local Reef Club that may be able to help you out with your custom hood needs. The website is www.sv-sea.org We meet in Phoenixeville once a month. Feel free to post to the forums on our site too...Hope this helps!!

• 2 months later...

Archived