Pod Your Reef

tubro snails

greeneyes

My water conditions a are great, parms all good, 80wt current usa lighting, 10gal tank.

I am having trouble keeping my snails alive(turbo), the crabs are doing great, they are not picking on the sails, I just find them dead on the bottom of the tank.

Any ideas?

My NC12GDx had 6 turbo snails, 3 hermit crabs and 2 peppermint shrimp. Unfortunately, 1 snail died and the hermit crab took its shell for its own. Another snail died and I am left with 4. Don't know what happend to the snail, it may have been eaten by the peppermint shrimp. Does anyone know how long I expect them to live? :)

Turbo's are larger snails and require quite a bit of herbivorous material to sustain themselves. If they aren't getting the requirements they need they will surely parish.

Turbo's are larger snails and require quite a bit of herbivorous material to sustain themselves. If they aren't getting the requirements they need they will surely parish.

they have a good amount to eat, this is happening almost over night, between 10-18 hrs after I get them.

Are you acclimating?

I let them sit in the bag in the tank foe awhile then put some of my tank water in the bag let them sit and a little more then I take them out and place them in the tank on the glass.

I also have a 10g tank. I only have 1 turbo snail. I have 2 blue legged crabs & 1 red legged crab for a CUC. The turbo has enough to eat but if I had any more there wouldn't be enough. He eats a LOT!!! :D BTW I just floated him in the tank & dropped him per my experienced adviser who helped me set up my tank.

Archived