Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

18 gallons of Nano

3twenty5

Well 2 weeks after moving the contents of my Mini7 into my new 18 Via Aqua....only loss was a lobo leather, levels are in full control. I added a Coral Life 96 watt Quad aqualight to the existing 2x36 watt VA PC setup. I also added 2 Rio 400's up top for more flow...here are the results just 2 weeks later...

Looks great, I like how the rock on the left is coming out of the sand, everything looks amazing. Really good rock work

C. Jerome

Can you show me a picture of how the lighting looks on the top of your tank? I would think that it would be a little crowded.

Do you think you will be able to keep SPS under that much light?

And were is your Spray bar located?

It actually fits pretty well, I do not need to get a cover now that it covers the top. It does get a litle warm though.

attachment.php?s=&postid=92054

SPS...I am going to try..:)

The spray bar is on the bottom

325, the tank looks great. I hate the pristine, white sand look, no algae on the glass and no nuisance hair algae on the rock. Personally, I like a big bushy overgrowth of hair algae, green coating on the glass and a brownish, green look to the sand. You know, like my tank has. (jealousy sucks)

Man I need to start from scratch.

Thanks Crakeur -

Well I know where you are coming from, just a day ago I had some bad cyano all over the sand bed and some of the rock, thanks to my T-baster and some chemi-pure(stuff really works wonders) I was able to rid my cyano. My refuge has that overgrown look with the Macro so I guess the fuge is doing its job..:)

I will post a pic from 2 weeks ago when I switched over from the 7...not a pretty sight....

I have that same VA tank with hood and I also wanted to get more light in there. I have been hearing from the grapvine that VA is making a hood that has a combo MH lamp with PCs... has anyone heard of this??

killrblue

Looks great. Did you paint the back of your tank black or did you paint your fuge black? Pics of the fuge please.

southpaw23

Hey there 3twenty5....

Cool lookin tank ya got there....i think ur 18 gallon is pretty similar to mine but we don't have VA's in Malaysia...mostly Jebo and another i can't remember the name of....but i'm pretty sure they're about the same lookin tanks.....well, hopefully when i get mine up and running soon, it'll look as good as urs....

Was just wondering how you deal with your heat issues having that much light on the tank and it being that close to the water surface as well....i've currently got the 2 36w PC setup as well and even with that it gets pretty hot...how are you coping with the additional 96w PCs?

Anyways....great lookin tank..post more pics when you have the time.... ;)

nice tank 3twenty5 lloks real good, the coralline growth is amazing and those rics's:

ques:

What temp + salinity do you you aim for in your nano?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived