SaltCritters.com

Frustrated in Marshfield, WI

BustytheSnowMaam

BustytheSnowMaam

I drove 2 hours to visit a certain LFS in Marshfield, WI- the closest to me- yesterday. I brought my daughter along, it was a beautiful day, I thought we could visit the zoo, do lunch, do shopping, and buy some corals as an early birthday present to myself.

We ate lunch then went to the free zoo. My daughter is oh-so-excited to see the mountain lions and bobcats when over the loudspeaker they announced that the zoo is closed. It's Saturday and only 3pm! We'd been there barely 5 minutes. So we feed the ducks, look for turtles on the rocks, and climb on the rocks. We did get to watch the keeper playing with the bobcats for a minute, so that was sort of worthwhile.

Then we go to the pet store. We get there, I'm checking out the corals, all happy and excited (I only get to the store like once or twice a year to pick out corals for myself, the rest of the time I have to do it online, which isn't quite as much fun as being there). Then the girl comes up to me and tells me that she can't sell anything out of the saltwater tanks. I asked her why and she said it's because she's filling in for the owner, she doesn't know how much any of it is, and so therefore was under strict orders not to sell any of it. She THEN had the nerve to tell me I should have called first.

What the heck? There I was all ready to drop $100 or so. I can look at a lot of those frags and guess how much they'd be, based on dealing with this LFS before, and I would err on the side of paying too much, since it would have made the drive worthwhile, but I didn't even bother to suggest it.

Just had to vent here, I'm now drowning my sorrows with a can of Pepsi and a bowl of Life cereal.

Tasha

Archived