inTank Media Baskets

TAH's 40B

the_anti_honda

the_anti_honda

Updated pic

ballastpics035.jpg

Ok so its time for me to start up another thread involving my NEW!!!!! (actually not so new) 40B..

I recently gave my AP24 away along with my ViaAqua and a few corals to consolidate my already hectic life.

Ok so on with the tank specs then to the pics..

Aquarium: 40g AGA Breeder (its actually 45g's)

Skimmer: AquaC Remora HOB (SOB) w/prefilter box

Heater: Ebo Jajer 100watt

Flow: 2x Hydor Koralia 4

Lighting: 2x 250watt Phoenix 14kk bulbs, dual Bluewave VII HQI ballast and SLS LumenMax III pendents.

Right now I am manually dosing two part for ca and alk needs. I run carbon in the outlet side of the prefilter box 24/7. I hid my heater inside the skimmer body so its not in the tank.

40B006.jpg

40B022.jpg

40B019.jpg

40B018.jpg

40B012.jpg

Starting to get color even in the shade Scripps Tri color A. Valida

40B009.jpg

40B020.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProFlatlander15

Awesome corals! I love 40BRs, that's definitely my next tank (unless I go bigger...). The aquascape is great, very unique.

the_anti_honda

Things will look way different as soon as I can get the other lights over the tank. I can arrange the rock like I want instead of having everything crammed under one light.

the_anti_honda

Really?

It can look WAY better!

I had it setup with no corals in it and it looked BA positioned slightly different on the right hand side of the tank..

40B007.jpg

This side looks like I want I just need to mount the corals. Its actually very dark the picture makes it look brighter. I want the change the other side though.

stoney waters

Thats freakin nice, I love your aqua scaping. Maybe its the shadows the single light casts.. it just looks cool.

stoney waters
stoney_waters:

Thank you, but I still think you guys are strange...

LOL, Pics can be deceiving, but its not the typical "Pile O Rocks".

the_anti_honda

EZ: 36x18x16

Fishfreak218: Those were my box fish but they are no longer in my possession they are now at home with someone else.

BOX FISH PICTURES REMOVED DUE TO DRAMA

They are not a pair though as many think, they are two males.

the_anti_honda

nd12nc: Thank you for the compliments, I really strive for excellent color from my animals.

Uhuru: Post a link to your aquarium!

There are a few really nice 40BR floating around NR.

You should also check out this one http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/totm/index.php!

I'm trying a few new things with this tank to see how much better I can improve it over my last "small" setup. Vodka dosing is one of the things I have been fiddling with for some time now.

the_anti_honda

pattymelt: Ok since you paid for them in all honesty I guess they can be yours. But I fed them LOL!!!

Call me up when your in the area so you can get your frags...

Beautiful tank, can't wait to see it after you get the lighting and aquascaping finished. What is "vodka" dosing? Dosing vodka literally?. If so what does this accomplish?

That's a nice looking tank, TAH. Keep the rockwork just the way it is - it's not the standard "pile of rocks" aquascaping.

Nice acans too - fragging anytime soon? ;)

the_anti_honda

PieNinja:

I will have acan frags at the SoCal Meet N' Swap III and depending on what I have left after that I might ship some out. I have had a few people interested but no one follow through. By the way I love your name.

musicawal:

Yes literally dosing vodka into my aquarium. Its a lengthly discussion to go into but here is some information you can read up on. http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-10/eb/index.php and http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-11/...ature/index.php

I dose a bit different then most do and it has been working for me well. My corals all have a "neon" appearance to them. Even the brown looks good LOL!

Thank you all for the kind words. I just hope it turns out alright down the line.

Depending on what acan colors ya have left after the SoCal M&S III, I might be interested in getting some stuff shipped out. Keep me in mind dude :)

Keep up the nice work on your tank!

Archived