SaltCritters.com

blue leg is out to kill my margarita!

jdog123

ok well i have a blue leg hermit in my aquarium and ive had him in there since i started the thing and he has never bothered anyone. well today i put a margarita snail in there and it is going crazy trying to kill it. ive stopped it numerous times and it just keeps going back and trying to either kill it or get its shell over and over again. is there anything i can do other than get rid of one of them cuz id kinda like to keep them both. thanks.

Your Blue wants that shell and there'll be no stopping him.

You could try introducing other shells in the hopes that he leaves the Mag Snail alone.

ok well i have a blue leg hermit in my aquarium and ive had him in there since i started the thing and he has never bothered anyone. well today i put a margarita snail in there and it is going crazy trying to kill it. ive stopped it numerous times and it just keeps going back and trying to either kill it or get its shell over and over again. is there anything i can do other than get rid of one of them cuz id kinda like to keep them both. thanks.

Sometimes you get a bad apple. I have one blue leg which killed a snail 5 times its size and walked around in this HUGE shell for months until it finally grew into it. All the while it was killing off half of my CUC. Try to get a scarlet hermit, they are supposed to be less aggressive. Have you put empty shells in your tank for the hermit to take if it wants them? That will help a lot if the crab is looking for a new home.

thats what so strange is i have other shells in there and the margarita's shell is even smaller than his. its really got me worried so i took him out and put him in a seperate dish until i can get more shells and make him move into those.

i know but they are so cool looking i just couldnt reist haha. i also have a red tip dwarf and a scarlet so if i have to lose this guy it wont be too bad, hes just so darn cool looking.

Archived