inTank Media Baskets

Updated pictures of my tank

Tucker74

Here are some pics of my "new" 7g bowfront.  The story behind it was briefly documented in my previous thread:

Introducing my old tank  

A couple of my tongan mushrooms and two heads of the frogspawn partially bleached from the move and subsequent upheaval, but everything seems to be adjusting fairly well.  The frogspawn is getting a little out of control - expanding across nearly half the tank under the new lighting.  I'll probably trade one of the stalks away for a hammer/anchor coral.  Anyone interested?  

The frogfish is doing fine and still looks the same.  No sense in posting more pictures of him.  enjoy!

The Tank

newtank.jpg

Frogspawn upclose

frogspawn.jpg

Bubble coral and frogspawn frag on left

bubble2.jpg

(Edited by Tucker74 at 2:02 am on Feb. 4, 2002)

Here are a few more pictures of the tank showing the open rock structure for anyone who is interested.  Very little of the rock touches the bottom the tank and I decided against using substrate.  I doubt an inch or two of substrate that is common in most tanks is beneficial in any way and is more trouble than it is worth.  This way I get easy access to any detritus build-up.

left side

left_tank.jpg

right side

right_tank.jpg

Interesting adaption by a lower stalk to get out of the shadow of a larger, upper stalk..  Note the multiple baby Frogspawn and I don't dose any Kalk!

coral_bend.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks AWESOME! Tell me about that bubble coral? Does it attach to the rock easily? What about a price for something that size? Does it have any stinger tenticals? That is awesome, I hope I can find one like it :freak2:

Gaber

Archived