Pod Your Reef

cleaner shrimp pair

mattyice

from the looks of it i have a cleaner shrimp pair, but my question is the female (my guess) is holding an older batch of eggs that looks pretty close to hatching and the male (once again another guess) is holding newer set of green eggs, is this normal? it looks as if they have been pretty busy in the back of the aquarium lately lol

travisurfer

cleaner shrimp don't really form pairs. they are hermaphroditic so they take turns being male and female. the only problem is that they are hard to rear.

my plan is for the free food, the anthias will love it! im not too worried about rearing them just getting some extra nutrients in my tank and some free coral food too

HAD SOME FIRE SHRIMP DO THE SAME THING AND AS SOON AS IT WHIPPED ITS TAIL TO RELEASE BABY SHRIMP......MY FISH WENT CRAZY........LIKE HUMANS WHEN THEIR PUT IN GLASS CASE WITH DOLLAR BILLS BLOWING AROUND :lol:

hahaha that is most likely what will happen, they will be getting alot of food because both of mine are about to release their eggs

mine released Eggs Not even 4 days later Both of them had Eggs Alrdy LIVE FOOD!!! for everybody

i actually had 1 baby cleaner shrimp live for about 2weeks then BAM the clown got em hehe he was mysisd shrimp size for refernce

Archived