Cultivated Reef

Aquaclear 110 w/Fuge Mod for Trade

travisurfer

travisurfer

Ok, so if anyone as a fission nano skimmer in good shape, I would like to trade my aquaclear 110 with fuge mod for it and $10 to cover shipping on my end. This is a great deal for anyone looking to get some serious flow or filtration in a larger nano. I'm just not using it anymore so I figured I would tade it for the fission to see if I can make it work. I have some electrical stuff to get the light hooked up as well.

2392738450069473040S500x500Q85.jpg

The pic is just missing one piece, which is the black ring that goes around the intake pipe; however, I do have this piece and will include it. Also, I do not want to ship the light since shipping bulbs doesn't work too well but I can include the socket and electrical cord if you want it.

travisurfer

RBuddah: Just to tinker with it.

Argent: I guess I could sell it. I'd rather have a little skimmer to play with though. Everyone says they are crap but I figure I could put it in a little water wonders tank with water from my 20H after a water change and see if it can pull anything out. EDIT: Do you have something similar to trade for it?

yankeereefer

What're you using for flow / fuge in the 20H, travis?

I put a Lee's air driven skimmer in my 5g mantis tank - It does an OK job - They look easy enough to possibly build DIY - It's on my list of projects -

Have to get the new tank ready for my 2nd mantis first though

Oh yeah, if you want another Kenya LMK - I'm gonna get rid of my 6-7" - It's dropped several frags all over my tank and it's too big for my crowded tank - It irritates the shrooms and monti which are in it's general vicinity. I've got nowhere to move it to.

travisurfer

Yea, if it dies I'd love to have another kenya tree. I have my fingers crossed for my current frag. Eventually I'd love to have a giant bonsai tree on the left side of my tank. As far as flow, I'm just using 2 x 145gph powerheads pointed at the center glass. I had ordered a 300gph powerhead to replace one of them but now I'm wondering if that could be too much flow. We'll have to see. Filtration is just the rock and sand in the tank. Fosi owes me a xenia frag so that will most likely end up on the backwall and serve as nutrient absorbtion. I know the lee's skimmers work great but I just want to try out the fission skimmer for the heck of it. With all these people saying how bad they are, I'm surprised no one has posted with one yet.

Argent, I'll consider trading for the mini-aqualight and the little heater that you were using on your old 1.5g. I have the same tank so I may set it up in place of my 2.5g. Let me know.

I am no longer using the minilight or that heater - I'd be willing to trade. I might even still have the actinic bulb for the light as well (I replaced it with another 10K)

travisurfer

Alright argent. If you include both the actinic and the two 10K's I'll trade :) You send it my way and I ship it out when I receive the package. PM me with the details. :)

Archived