inTank Media Baskets

hair algae problem

tigers fan

Hi all. I have been cycling my tank for 3 and a half weeks, and went and got my cleaning crew2 days ago. I got an assortment of snails and hermit crabs. I also bought 2 crabs, an emerald and a sally lightfoot. I named the emerald crab "Welfare" since all he does is live off the system. The sally lightfoot is a witch when it comes to cleaning hair algae. I've never heard of this. Supposedly the emerald is supposed to clean more not the case in my tank! I also have a small Aptasia problem and am looking for a natural way to rid my tankof theese pests. Any help would be appreciated! :mellow:

Fix your water params and get your phospates down to nil. Buy a toothbrush and Joe's Juice. Scrub the rock and clean your power head outlet and anything else that has the stuff on it. Once the Aptaisa rears its ugly self, put some Joe's Juice in a syringe and sneak up on the anemone and squirt the stuff into its mouth. Any left over juice on the rock can be blown off with a turkey baster, it will not hurt your water column.

Archived