Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 20g Nanno

Spider

Hey, I'm new to Nano-Reef so I thought I would post one of my tanks first. It's a 20gL that ran as a FW tank for about 1/2 a year and then got changed over to Salt Water as I was more interested. It is the second SW tank I have had, and seem to be running just fine (although given its only been 1 month).

Equipment:

Penguin 170 Bio-Filter

Tronic 150w Heater

Prizm Protien Skimmer (I run it it every other day)

Coral Life 20w 10,000k Lighting.

Stats:

Amonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

Low-Range Nitrate - ~5

Setup:

~15lbs Live Rock (~10lbs Premium Florida Aquacultured)

~7lbs Base Rock

Fine Grane Crushed Coral Base

Inhabitants:

1 Blue Finned Damsel

1 Yellow-Tail Damsel

1 Rusty Angel

1 Snowflake Eel

1 Scooter Blenny

1 Purple Condylactis Anemone

Over Stocked. I have a 75 gallon in the works for being setup in June/July. The snowflake is going to be permanently relocated to the 75.

The Rusty Angel and Damsels will most likely stay - However I won't mind if the eel eats those damsels, as I would rather have a clown in place of them.

I have a cleanup crew arriving this weekend to take care of the Nitrates (even though they are in good shap). I also am planning to get an Anemone Crab for the Condy next friday.

I realize the bio-load is dangerous with the number I have, however the tank is still in early stages so I'm not too woried.

So on with some pictures :)

Great start!!

time for some corals but other then that looks very nice. How is that orange starfish working out for you? I was thinking of getting one...

Thanks. I just got my cleaner kit today from JP.com, so the gravel will get a better turnover rate.

The starfish works really nice. I picked him for 20$ locally, as I thought he would make a difference on cleaning, and he has.

I would recommend getting one :)

Archived