Cultivated Reef

aiptasia

tigers fan

travisurfer

joes juice 'em. afterwards, keep turn the flow off for an hour or two. if that doesnt work, get a peppermint shrimp.

picomanjones
How the hell do i get rid of this destructive demon, i'ts starting to spawn?

go get a syringe from a drug store and put boiling water in it and stick it in the anenome and it should srivel u p befor ur eyes thats what mine did

m'akoyPINOY

i injected 5cc of calcium chloride-undiluted with a syringe and needle at the base 4 weeks ago and so far no return. the high dose liquid calcium really disrupts their calcium channels and appears to kill them. the needle allows you to get to the base. any thoughts from other people?

picomanjones
i injected 5cc of calcium chloride-undiluted with a syringe and needle at the base 4 weeks ago and so far no return. the high dose liquid calcium really disrupts their calcium channels and appears to kill them. the needle allows you to get to the base. any thoughts from other people?

thats sounds like the best way to go

I agree with travisurfer. Joe's Juice is the bomb! Once you knock out the Aptasia, add 2 or 3 large peppermint shrimp & you will most likely not see any new Aiptasia emerge.

jamesnmandy

skip the joes juice, get a peppermint shrimp and be done with it, let nature take it's course, then and only after a few weeks, would i consider the joes juice, but i am sure the peppermint shrimp will deal with them, mine ate one twice as big as him

If the Aiptasia infestation is out of control (as I once had), Joe's Juice will give you a much quicker kill. I'm not a big fan of adding chemicals to my tank, but if your already seeing damage to your coral, using Joe's Juice is the lesser of two evils. Peppermint Shrimp will do a great job of maintaining an Aiptasia free tank.

Is a Peppermint Shrimp to big for a 10 gallon? I have a serious outbreak.

What else do Peppermint Shrimp eat?

If I Joe's Juice them, Any tips on getting the really small ones?

I had 2 peps in my 10G. But they didn't do a blessed thing to my aiptasia.

I know this sounds very morbid, and I promise this is the only case that I even get this way, but watching an aiptasia just disappear after ingesting some of Joe's was super cool.

I really am an animal lover! :)

-j

Archived