inTank Media Baskets

Turbo Trouble!

ChuckP

Okay I know I have another snail post going, but this one is more for fun, my turbos are thriving well.

Part 1:

I think my turbos were throwing a party on my float switch (I am very glad I didn't trust this unit and left it partially disconnected to test for problems like this) Here is a picture of what is now known as the "Float Switch Orgy".

snails.jpg

Part 2:

(Sorry no pix)

So it is 3am and I am asleep in bed, I hear a rush of water coming from my living room. I don't think I have ever woken up this fast, but I poped up and ran into the living room jumped behind the tank and flipped the master power switch! At this point I tried to figure out where the water was, and where it came from. After about three minutes I figured it came out of the HOB Aquafuge PS, next was to figure out how.

So after a few more minutes I located a large turbo that had managed to walk over the return tube, causing the flow to backup and spill over the back of the tank. I evacuated my two turbos in my fuge into my main tank and everything was back online within 30 min.

Just wanted to let people learn from my mistake.. watch out for those pesky flow blocking turbos! They just love to cause overflows LOL.

-Chuck

Archived