Pod Your Reef

Need advice on using Marycyn2 and Maroxy

ANGRYCLOWN

Clown fish hit by brook or velvet like a ton of bricks.

New addition brought the disease in (if fish lives I'm going to call it Saddam)

Clown who used to be in perfect health now:

doesn’t eat,

sticks to the bottom avoiding light,

has whitish slime over entire face and up side into dorsal fin.

I have started using Marycyn 2 and Maroxy. I don't have a QT to use.

Question 1 - water changes:

Tank is getting due for a water change soon but Marycyn/Maroxy instructions don’t say anything about doing or not doing water changes during the course of the 5 day treatment.

Anybody have experience with this??

Question 2 -

If the treatment works, how soon have you seen your sick fish responding to the treatment?

Clown fish hit by brook or velvet like a ton of bricks.

New addition brought the disease in (if fish lives I'm going to call it Saddam)

Clown who used to be in perfect health now:

doesn’t eat,

sticks to the bottom avoiding light,

has whitish slime over entire face and up side into dorsal fin.

I have started using Marycyn 2 and Maroxy. I don't have a QT to use.

Question 1 - water changes:

Tank is getting due for a water change soon but Marycyn/Maroxy instructions don’t say anything about doing or not doing water changes during the course of the 5 day treatment.

Anybody have experience with this??

Question 2 -

If the treatment works, how soon have you seen your sick fish responding to the treatment?

I wouldn't do a water change until after you have finished the treatment. If you do, it will decrease the concentration of medication in the tank, which could make it less effective. Just wait and do it after the 5th day.

As far as questions two, I haven't used marycin to treat saltwater fish before, so I'm not sure. I would think within a week of starting the treatment you should at least notice some difference if it is going to help.

I wouldn't do a water change until after you have finished the treatment. If you do, it will decrease the concentration of medication in the tank, which could make it less effective. Just wait and do it after the 5th day.

As far as questions two, I haven't used marycin to treat saltwater fish before, so I'm not sure. I would think within a week of starting the treatment you should at least notice some difference if it is going to help.

Thanks for the response.

That was my concern - that changing water might lower concentration.

Fish has been medicated for 10 hours and white slime on its face has decreased significantly.

There is a string of slime trailing off her dorsal fin now (maybe slime is sloughing off)

Archived