SaltCritters.com

Check out my new 55g tank !

percula_clown

percula_clown

Heres some pictures of my 55G AGA. The hood and canopy are custom made. I thoguht i share it with you all since i am about to be adding some stuff preety soon.

DSC00040.JPG

The tank **

DSC000331.JPG

The rock work ** gotta love it.

DSC00036.JPG

The Cpr bakpak. Works like a charm.

DSC00043.JPG

The only fish as of Apr 3** fire fish.

I used to have an Australian lunar wrasse and a picasso trigger before. But i grew out of the aggresive fish trend. So now i am going to keep peacefull fish only. Hate all the killing part mainly.

DSC00034.JPG

My clean up crew is : 5 of these snails...dunno what they are called. Maybe be turbo. And a handfull of blue leged hermit crabs. Also have one cone shaped snail.

Lighting is a 2 X 65 watt 50/50. And i have a UV sterilizer 9w powered by a Mini jet 606.

--> Till date i have been trying to get a stable tank. Now i finally got it after 6-7 months of running. No more algea booms, no hair algea, no stupid growth of anything. The snails and hermits do a great job contributing to it. The CPR bakpak, is on of the best skimmers i have ever had. I get about a cup full of skimate every 3-4 days with only a firefish in it.

--> In about a week or so i will have some other fishes. Maybe a mater pair Onyx. And some angel ....maybe a bicolor. And probably a cleaner shrimp.

--> Am also looking for some Xenia...but its 40 bucks @ my LFS....crazy when people actually call it weed and flush it down all around me! lol.

I will update as i add stuff or do something....

DSC000381.JPG

Heres a pic of the canopy and hood.

Its a little dirty...gotta clean it today!

Lmk what you guys think!

Suggestions/comments?

percula_clown

Lol. noting huge, just a 55g.

I am lookng for more live rock. As soon as i get some it will be filled.

I think i am going to get a bicolor angel in there....any suggestions on live stock?

Thx.

Oh will xenia survive in it? 2 x 65 watt.

that's big on a nano reef forum where most tanks are under 30 gallons. and this is the all-in-one forum. you should ask for a move to the larger reef forums :) that's what we're getting at

percula_clown
that's big on a nano reef forum where most tanks are under 30 gallons. and this is the all-in-one forum. you should ask for a move to the larger reef forums :) that's what we're getting at

Tru tru...i forget, this is nano-reef.com

Lol.

I guess i have to move it to the larger reef section after all...but how? lol. I am a noob.

travisurfer

Your lighting is rather weak for most corals. I would setup as a fowlr tank for now and get more liverock in there. Once its all setup and matured, get some t5HO's and start stocking :)

Nice man! :)

As you know i've got my bicolor angel. He's my FAVOURITE fish ever! Such brilliant colours, are very active, great grazers, and all!!! :D They are sensitive, and the older you get them the harder it will be for them to eat foods. My first one was bigger (around 4", so almost fully mature)... He didnt eat for 2 weeks or so, but he finally did, however died randomly :( This new one i got is half as small (2") very active, an amazing eater, and pretty darn hardy. He loves to graze, move around all the time. Looks gorgeous! :D However bicolors in all, are known to nip :( However with all my anthelia i have in my tank, the toadstools, and mushrooms, olny the bigger one nipped at the some of the anthelia (left the shrooms and toads alone) ... Where as my new one doesn't nip at all! :D We will see if he does nip once he gets older though, hope not! :o lol

I think you should g et *a lot* more rock, and then get your 2 clowns, then get a bicolor. That tank would look amazingly gorgeous man! :)

Flick

Archived