Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 20L at 6 months

Ernesto

Hi all,

This is my 20l at 6 months. This tank is a little different from others I have seen on Nano-reef. Because it really has more algae than corals (pretty macro algae, coralline algae, and unfortunately some hair algae too). I am open to suggestions for improvement. Particularly dealing with the hair algae problem. Oh yeah, I also have a flatworm problem. I have been dealing with those little buggers for way too long.

nice yellow polyps....my judt die....i cant keep them for somereason.....everything else grows but no...yellow polyps sont want to.....oh and nice tank

tank looks good me boy! i really like lower profile tanks and your collection of critters really look at home.

but you've got flatworms and that red frilly stuff? and afro? must be "ba chi" :o bad karma or the apocolypse! dude!

i know a dude that tore down a 125 cuz of that red frill and i just treated my tank for reddish/olive guys flatworms. stressful for the critters but all seem ok now-cept the montipora (which sadly i kinda expected). if you've had any luck controlling the frill lemme know cuz man, what i've seen from it scares me!

tg

Here is a picture under the hood. I have a 2x55 watt PC (10k and actinic) from Hellolights, 2x13 watt pc lighting set up at either end to simulate dawn and dusk. Auto top-off is visible as well as 2 of the 4 cooling fans (I live in a hot climate). The flat worms are virtually impossible to get rid of, I got a 6-line wrasse to deal with the problem but the poor little guy can only eat so much. I think he is diminishing the population slowly though. I have a couple of types of red macro-algae, some of it the red afro type, some of it a lovely manageable red bush-like (I don't know the name) type. The afro type is barely present, but I can't trim it, it is too tough to dislodge from the rock. For the most part I enjoy the macro-algae, it keeps the tank busy looking and if trimmed frequently the halimeda, caluerpa, red bush-like type add to the color and biodiversity of the tank.

Archived