Coral Vue Hydros

Who ate the scarlet hermit?

ssirishpride

ssirishpride

Here's the line up. Was it...? the nano serpant star, the pep. shrimps, the true perc. one of it's own kind, or did the snails get sick of crab opression and gang up to get to smallest of the scarlets? All that remains as proof of the crime is a red leg with a claw. None of the other scarlets are wearing it's previous house, but this is by my count the second crab to go missing. All i found of the first one was his empty shell.

Here's the line up. Was it...? the nano serpant star, the pep. shrimps, the true perc. one of it's own kind, or did the snails get sick of crab opression and gang up to get to smallest of the scarlets? All that remains as proof of the crime is a red leg with a claw. None of the other scarlets are wearing it's previous house, but this is by my count the second crab to go missing. All i found of the first one was his empty shell.

I'm gonna go with...

the star. haha. the peppermint shrimps aren't big enough to do any damage to a crab, the perc would've left him alone, and the snails are..snails.

But he might've committed suicide.

A hermit crab molt will look exactly like a dead hermit. If you don't see it in the first day or 2, it will eventually deteriorate and the appendages will flow around the tank.

the peppermint shrimps aren't big enough to do any damage to a crab

Ummm, I guess you've only seen tiny peppermints. I saw my two drag a molting scarlet out of his shell and carry him off to their cave. I found pieces later.

Archived