Pod Your Reef

skunk cleaner cleaning cocoa worm?

Qwank

I just got a cocoa worm yesterday and my skunk cleaner is fasinated with it and wont leave it alone. it seems like it is cleaning it but i can't tell if the cocoa worm is getting ###ed or not. every once and a while it retracts into its tube but for the most part it lets the shrimp pick at it. is this ok or should i get rid of the shrimp? the cocoa worm cost $$$ so i dont want it to get stressed and die. is it normal for a shrimp to clean one of these?

uhm....not a good sign....some shrimps (peppermint) have been known to eat cocoa worms not so sure about the skunk cleaner. If the shrimp bugs the worm enough the worm may shed its crown. If it does this, i would get rid of the shrimp, unless your keeping it for some other reason.

hes leaving him alone today. he went over to him for few minutes but didnt really do anything.

its just so weird how if any thing else goes near it it retracts but the shrimp climbs all over him and only seems to retract if he touches in a spot he dosnt approve.

Mine did that to my featherduster every once in a while. The featherduster seemed to like it! I never noticed it being a harm to the featherduster.

Archived