Pod Your Reef

Is my puss Coral Dying?

sexy69bulldogs

sexy69bulldogs

Hi i am a novice to Marines i bought a Nano Orca 450 Tank,and its been set up since 14th Feb 2007,i put Ro water in and 7 kg of Living rock,i left this untill my water was all very low on all the colour charts,then i added to very small clown fish,and an scotter Blenney,everthing as been fine my water nitrate,nitrite,Ammonia,PH sitting at 8.0 i thought everthing was fine so i bought a soft puss coral and a leather coral they was very healthy when i purchased them, i bought them only 6 days ago since i have lost the Blenny and my puss coral is producing a load of slime brown and horriable stuff coming from this,what is this i am concerened it will pollute my tank,i have done a water change today quarter of the tank,so i hope to bring my nitrate,and ammonia levels down,i dont feed loads as i know this can pollute the water,why is this happening??? also can i use an external canister with this Nano Tank???if so what do you recommend please get back to me i need help. Tracey

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

What is this ##### coral? Are you just swearing out of frustration, or is the name being blocked? Sounds like a type of LPS, post a picture so it can be identified. PH sounds a little low, what is calcium, alk, and salinity?

sexy69bulldogs
What is this ##### coral? Are you just swearing out of frustration, or is the name being blocked? Sounds like a type of LPS, post a picture so it can be identified. PH sounds a little low, what is calcium, alk, and salinity?

Hi thanks for replying to me,No i wasnt swearing it just seems to be blocked the word,so i spelt it near that,my salinity is 26,i am not sure about calcium or alk. Really not sure what its doing.

it may just need to be licked... try rubbing it gently on it's button this alys works on the pussie coral i keep at my house.

beware it will get moody and bleed several days a month just say yes dear to it a bunch during these times and you should do fine

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

Maybe somebody could actually offer any knowledge of the coral instead of acting like immature kids so this thread isn't closed.

Maybe somebody could actually offer any knowledge of the coral instead of acting like immature kids so this thread isn't closed.

Woulden't being immature including buying a living coral, not knowing the name of it, nor the species, let alone how to properly care for it?

ps...

sorry for your bad luck.

xoxo

sexy69bulldogs
Woulden't being immature including buying a living coral, not knowing the name of it, nor the species, let alone how to properly care for it?

ps...

sorry for your bad luck.

xoxo

I am sorry you are so immature,i do know the name of it,the fourm would not accept the would #####,well i am so shocked at how immature some people really are on here, no bad luck,same you have nothing better else to do.

it may just need to be licked... try rubbing it gently on it's button this alys works on the pussie coral i keep at my house.

beware it will get moody and bleed several days a month just say yes dear to it a bunch during these times and you should do fine

Thanks for that i will follow instructions !!!!!! shame people on here are so immature.

Thank-you i am so pleased somebody is sensible on here,thanks for trying to help,not like some others,first time i have come on here but its not good.

Scott Riemer

As best as I can tell from searching this is what is known as Colt Coral here in the states.

Quoted from WetWebMedia.com

Colt Coral - 1/30/2006

Good Morning WWM Crew.

Please could you help me with a more precise identification of this coral I bought from my LFS yesterday? It is sold

over here in the UK as a '##### Coral', and all I can tell you is you don't want to do a google search for that....

<I can imagine...>

I understand from reading up on WWM before purchase that in the US they are known as 'Colt

Corals', and are one of the easier soft corals to keep, growing rapidly,( sometimes a bit too rapidly?), and sometimes a little

aggressive. They are also capable of wandering a little. All I'm really after is a Latin name. My best guess's from your pages is a coral from

family Nephtheidae, genus either Capnella or Lemnalia.

<Mmm, doe look like these to me... likely so. Or an alcyoniid: http://wetwebmedia.com/alcyoniids.htm

Maybe an Alcyonium or Lobophytum sp.>

I attach a photograph, taken early in the light cycle of my tank when the coral is about 75% open.

Thank you once again for your time.

Bob Mehen, Cornwall, UK.

<My bet's on Lemnalia as the genus. Cheers. Bob Fenner>

I am sorry you are so immature,i do know the name of it,the fourm would not accept the would #####,well i am so shocked at how immature some people really are on here, no bad luck,same you have nothing better else to do.

Thanks for that i will follow instructions !!!!!! shame people on here are so immature.

Thank-you i am so pleased somebody is sensible on here,thanks for trying to help,not like some others,first time i have come on here but its not good.

blah......

minimal post count

pussie coral

you my friend either need to leave cause you are a troll or begin to understand what it is you are buying and taking into your care.

if you can't name it, how will you care for it?

take a look around in the coral section here and get back to your thread with a good idea of what you got. that will get you somewhere.

and yes it is your bad luck.

xoxo

darn across the ponders with thier stupid metric system, and poor dental hygene. why would you nickname colt coral pussie?

ps... you can keep Madonna

Any leather type coral is just bad! I don't why it's catagorized as beginner coral. Colt (pussie), toadstool just slimes when it's unhappy and pollutes the entire tank.

I would do large water change or have a protein skimmer running. Filterfloss helps too.

Pfft you're going to come in here with a name like sexy69bulldogs talking about your pussie coral and you're calling us immature? I smell a troll.

Oh be nice.

The whole #####/colt thing is the whole idea behind scientifically naming corals anyway.

He figured that by saying #####, we all knew what he was talking about, just as we would've if he had said colt. It's not HIS fault we call corals different names than him.

All he wants to know is how to keep his colt from sliming so much.

Y'all need to be nicer to the european friend.

I cant believe you are all so immature. sexy69bulldogs Im sorry people on here are behaving this way. Its amazing how just a different name can spark all this.

Helfrichs Chick
Pfft you're going to come in here with a name like sexy69bulldogs talking about your pussie coral and you're calling us immature? I smell a troll.

Vic you crack me up!! Like the last 6 post you have made on NR have been like you take the words right outa my mouth. Kinda scary.

Vic you crack me up!! Like the last 6 post you have made on NR have been like you take the words right outa my mouth. Kinda scary.

I just call it like I see it :D

Archived