Cultivated Reef

large tanks whats in them

low tide

i have 2 ignitus anthias, a pair of bluethroat triggers, a midas blenny, an ornate wrasse, and i will be adding 2 tangs, an achilles, and an orange shoulder

here are pics so far

ornate wrasse

IMG_0993.jpg

bluethroat pair

IMG_0968.jpg

midas blenny

IMG_0882.jpg

male ignitus

IMG_0885.jpg

female ignitus

IMG_0888.jpg

Tangman1218

Matty, ur Blue Jaw(s) have been playing nice with the cleanup crew and clam? I know that they are one of the least aggressive Triggers...how old are they? How nicely do they play with yur other fish? Im only asking because I want to get one, but the Wife would definitely lynch me if I started a FOWLR tank large enough for one, so Im thinking about putting it in the large reef tank.

Tang

Tangman1218
what? no trial for the tangman?

Nope :lol: Straight to the Gallows and then off to never never land :happy:

She's ###ed about the 6 tanks I have already ;)

Just a quick funny story...So Ive been seeding rock forever in multiple tanks and I just happened to have a 10 gallon tank outside with some rock in it that are smaller pieces that Im trying something with, right? So she walks outside yesterday morning to let me know I had a business call and looks at the tank and says..."What is this? Not only do I have to deal with tanks inside, now ive got to deal with them outside too?" I didnt know whether to go Apesheet or laugh... :lol: So what did I do? I laughed.

Tang

my bluethroats are perfect citizens, they havent touched one thing in the tank and actually are afraid of my anthias lol, they are really big eaters though but none of the food i put in the tank goes to waste which makes me happy, they are housed with about 50 astrea snails, 3 jumbo turbos, 12 scarlet hermits, 2 crocea clams, and 1 gigas...i have yet to see them attack any of that, the coral, or any of the fish, but i wont put any small fish in my tank because without a doubt they would kill them, the male and female together eat about 2 whole silversides a day, 1 cube of mysis, 1 cube of marine cuisine, and quite a bit of spectrum pellets, speaking of all of that, it is feeding time

In my 75 I have a Scribbled Rabbit, Sargassum Trigger, Blue Velvet Damsel, Lawn Mower Blenny, Diadem Dottyback, and a Flame Cardinal. There's a Coral Banded Shrimp, Green Brittle Star, 30-40 snails, and 10 hermits. Everyone gets along great and the trigger is the friendliest fish I've ever seen. He likes it when you pet him!

i have a 75 with a purple tang, a cool orange, black strip, with blue fin fish, a lunar blue wrasse (we call him JAWS), a blue velvet damsel, a yellow damsel, a big clown, and a blue chromis.

I used to really be into rare fish gem tangs hotumato amgels conspics then decided to go reef could not afford both

Great fish everyone! I particularly like the ornate wrasse, and the Declevis Butterfly's. Low Tide it appears you have them in a FOWLR but have you ever tried them in a reef? The Triggers are also nice. Nice that everyone is posting pics not just saying what they have.

In my 112 I have :

Foxface Lo

IMGP2540.jpg

Labouti Wrasse (boss of the tank) and my 2nd favorite fish even if he can be a jerk sometimes

lab.jpg

Hawaiian Flame Wrasse - this guy is the nicest fish i have ever seen and is the center piece to my tank

IMGP8890.jpg

Carpenter Flasher Wrasses - Mated pair

female

fw3.jpg

male

w1.jpg

Banggi Cardinal fish - no pic since im at my image limit.

Royal Gramma

grammamouth.jpg

Dispar Anthias 2 - eventually I will probably get a 3rd I had 3 but one hit the carpet

IMGP2537.jpg

Firefish - 2

firefish2.jpg

Naked Clownfish - pair, not mating yet

clownsuck.jpg

Yellow Wrasse - kinda plain but still nice thanks to being very active, loves to burry my lps at night

IMGP3299.jpg

oh and a green chormis who killed the other chromis to hang out with the anthias.

I plan on adding

Purple Tang

another wrasse maybe a lineatus and then thats it until I upgrade. Hopefully in 2-3 years I will get a 220 or larger.

you know my ornate wrasse really behaves itself in the tank, i think my blenny is trying to put the moves on it though because he always swims with it and tries to rub his body on it, but no biting or anything so i know its not aggression plus, my ornate wrasse is at least 5" and the blenny might be 4" if that, the triggers also behave themselves and im thinking about adding a larger crosshatch pair that is mating to the tank since i know that the bluethroat wont be aggressive towards them

Is a 125 big enough for the triggers? A local reef shop had a beautiful pair that sadly passed away but they were really spectacular. If I had a bigger tank I would have got them. I would have thought they needed at least a 200 gallon.

btw how much would a mated pair cost you? These guys were $1250 cnd I think, about 10" long and very fat.

I have seen crosshatches in the 3-5 inch range I know a guy that has 2 pair that size for sale and I'm considering get a pair even though I have a pair he he he

I have had most of these fish at one point in time in ny reef just decided wanted different fish in the reef

crosshatches can go for anywhere between 450-900 personally i would be willing to pay anywhere in between there for a good healthy MATING pair, its extremely hard to find them but if they are happy and comfortable they will spawn in the aquarium, talk about making some major mucho dinero right there, selling pairs of crosshatches only 2-3" in length

I was under the impression there are no small males.

believe me there are small males i have a small male i will post pic

Archived