Innovative Marine Aquariums

ICK?

x22hockey

Hey guys what do i do wiht ick?? I jad one eyed bunny tell me that i need to wait six weeks and leave all fish out! Is this true??? Can u guys also tell me how i can keep this from happining again

First thing I would suggest is to quarrantine your fish for a week or two before introduding him into you tank. as far as getting rid of an exsisting problem in your tank would only be to wait or to try adding on a UV sterilizer unit. I had a problem with ich in my 14G BC and I added a small 9W UV sterilizer and it cleared up the problem in a few days. I continued to run the UV for the next month and then I removed it from my system. I would not medicate you main tank if you chose to use this method I would only do it in a quarantine tank.

so ick is just a waiting job to go unless i buy the sterilizer. And i should keep fish in seperate tank for a while befor putting in my tank

The sterilizer may not even get rid of it all together, so it's really a crap shoot. I was just telling you what worked for me. And unless you know that your LFS takes good care of his live stock I would definitly keep any new fishes in a quarantine tank for at least a week before introducing him into your main display.

The sterilizer may not even get rid of it all together, so it's really a crap shoot. I was just telling you what worked for me. And unless you know that your LFS takes good care of his live stock I would definitly keep any new fishes in a quarantine tank for at least a week before introducing him into your main display.

thank you

Archived