tank size and equipment

low tide

Me likes Vic...looks very nice :D

Sry Lowtide...Im still in the Nano tank...but I have 2 prop tanks

20 gal and 10 gal...believe it or not...those little tanks are helping me

get closer to getting a large tank.

Izzue

hey izzue its a start

Mine is leemar 240 gal with large single over flow 75 gal sump cal reactor 3/4 hp chiller octopus controller 3 400 watt mh with 330 watt of blue actinic with lumanarc reflectors hammer pump on the close loop ran by a electronic actuate ballvalve

vic that is a very nice tank

I'm so happy to see more custom tanks here, we need to break out of this standard sized tank mold. Thats one hell of a clean setup!

Just set up this 40 breeder, 400 watt 20k in a Lumen max 2 reflector, Euro reef RS-80 in a 14 gallon sump I built out of acrylic, koralia 3 powerhead, JBJ ATO, I still need to get some trim for the stand, the door will be here tommorrow, I built the rest..

DSCN0228.jpg

DSCN0208.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

I'm so happy to see more custom tanks here, we need to break out of this standard sized tank mold. Thats one hell of a clean setup!

pfff... Customs are way too expensive for the aveage reefer including myself. Yes they do look more clean though. -_-

Specs: 2 x 150w HQI sunpod, Triggersystems skimmer, genX PCX 40 to skimmer, mag 9.5 return, 2 MJ 900, 1 MJ 1200, TUNZE nanostream on backorder, Tank room with rubbermaid sumps.

With that being said here is my STAandard 90 gallon.

(Corals are now in different positions)

IMG_0678.jpg

And the tank room. Before

IMG_0615.jpg

Sealant down

IMG_0621.jpg

Now

IMG_0648.jpg

Please see my sig for further info.

MJD

my 125RR AGA tank, 29G sump, external PM bullet 1 skimmer, 3x175W MH retro, sedra 9000 pump, Tunze 6000 on a single controller

IMG_1002.jpg

its too small for what i want, im going custom 72x48x24 with two aquatinic constellation hoods, 600G sump (2 rubbermaid 300G stock tanks) hooked up to a 359G display, 959 total gallons with an ATI bubble master 350 skimmer, 4-Tunze 6100 pumps on a multi controller, cant wait for that tank, already saving up

i like it but i can see its getting near its limitations in bioload, in my opinion i have BIG bioload from my fish and feeding them 3 times a day lol, it is a much nicer skimmer for tanks ranging my 65-125 (with much smaller fish) and not a good skimmer for my large bioload, so the bubblemaster 350 or 250 will be much needed after i get a higher stand, I am actually going to use it on the 125 for awhile im still almost 2 years out on the other tank...Alot of planning needed for that lol

pfff... Customs are way too expensive for the aveage reefer including myself. Yes they do look more clean though. -_-

MJD

You just have your priorities confused :P I don't see why the tank should be the cheapest piece in the reef equipment puzzle.

IMG_2115.jpg

46 Bowfront mixed softy reef. 192 watt Coralife Compact Fluorescent fixture. (2) Emperor 400's, 2 cheap powerheads. Pink Skunk pair, Ocellaris Pair (one orange, one black), Cherub Pygmy Angel, Lawnmower Blenny, 6-Line Wrasse, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, typical CUC.

I'm either going to upgrade to a 90 gallon and combine both my saltwater tanks into that or.... I'm going to get rid of a few fish and move whoever I keep into the 40 breeder (moving the FW to a 55 or a 75) after I fabricate an internal overflow box so that there will be no external plumbing and no HOB's and no visible equipment. Going to the shorter tank would also make my 192 coralife fixture more effective. I just don't want to get rid of any fish so I'm not sure what the future holds.

You just have your priorities confused :P I don't see why the tank should be the cheapest piece in the reef equipment puzzle.

I agree... my tank is probably the least expensive thing I have...

I agree... my tank is probably the least expensive thing I have...

so you agree with me??? If you think about it its only a box of glass or acrylic, tanks are way overpriced...

MJD

• 3 weeks later...

Great topic.

post-17614-1176685294_thumb.jpg

Lee Mar 75 gallon (30x24x24):

20 gallon sump/fuge

ASM G1-X skimmer

Little giant 3 sqdx(?) return pump (in basement)

1" Sea swirl

2 Tunze nano streams

150 HQI w/ 2 65W pc

(2) 24" t-5 tek lights

moonlights

JBJ ATO

post-17614-1176685410_thumb.jpg

Lee Mar 56 gallon (30x18x24):

Mag 5 return

1" Sea swirl

Aqua Clear 50

MJ1200

Tunze 9002(?) skimmer

4x36w pc

moonlights

Reef fanatic ATO

In the basement:

Filter guys 5 stage RO/DI filter

55 gallon drum with float switch for RO/DI water

55 gallon drum with float switch for new saltwater

55 gallon drum for RO waste water and waterchange water with sump pump that pumps into back yard.

Archived