Pod Your Reef

Appease the crab gods? or havesting the dead?

Alexraptor

Ok, i just saw my mithrax take a Zoo polyp and eat it! :o

this is thou the colony that has been suffering from aiptasia and infection, there were numberous dead and dying polyps on the colony(dead ones picked off and colony FW dipped last night) So has my mithrax turned evil and started munching corals and i need to try to feed him sea weed? or is it merly his scavenging instincts that have taken over and he is merly just eating up the dead. Because he then proceeded to feel around the rest of the area and moved over other polyps but didnt eat any more. also my other two healthy zoo colonies are untouched. Plenty of hair algae in the tank.

I would not worry, They will scavenge dead stuff. I guess the question is how dead was the polyp you saw him eat. I remember when a frag of mine were struggling and he was going after some of the dead skin around the base, and he ended up detatching a polyp and then just let it float away.

I would not worry, They will scavenge dead stuff. I guess the question is how dead was the polyp you saw him eat. I remember when a frag of mine were struggling and he was going after some of the dead skin around the base, and he ended up detatching a polyp and then just let it float away.

hard to say, it was compleatly shut up, almost like the top had been sealed with glue, just like a small pepple.

Archived