Pod Your Reef

My lame proptank

one8thscale

one8thscale

Here's my lame prop tank. It's a 24x24x12. As you can see I'm out of room. Had a 30x18x10 made for zoos and maybe LPS. The original tank will be just for SPS. My zoas don't really grow that fast in the original proptank. Wondering if the water is too clean, maybe the flow is to much, or lighting is too strong (250w 20K XM, 130w atinics)

Should I keep the zoas and lps system seperate or keep it all on one system?

Pics were taken with only atinics on.

proptank_032607.jpg

New prop tank.

newProp.jpg

one8thscale
nice. switch your 250w halides from 20k to 10k... maybe you'll see better growth. also try feeding a little

I had a XM 10k on there before but took it down during the summer since it was so hot. Was planning on switching back, maybe I will do that. I do feed it mysis once a week for the LPS and and feed bioplankton and cyclops everyother day (at least try too)

That aint lame--its new!!

Now buy some more coralzzz and start bashin!

I keep em all together because I don't really have the time, money or space to do separate systems. I guess I probably sacrifice some growth because of it---but I'm not unhappy with my growth.

one8thscale
bro, can you find me a 24 long like that one?

I got it made here by locally aquarium mfg.. It's not the nicest tank made but it will do for $40.

id love to see some top down shots once you get the new frag tank settled in

No problem, wife says I need to move the foosball table out of the game room, before I set the new one up. Game room is now turning into the fish room.

That aint lame--its new!!

Now buy some more coralzzz and start bashin!

I keep em all together because I don't really have the time, money or space to do separate systems. I guess I probably sacrifice some growth because of it---but I'm not unhappy with my growth.

Thanks, but compared to yours, it's lame. :)

Lame? Not hardly.

I saw a plywood prop tank not long ago. It was lame as hell :lol:

Plywood :huh: Interesting, I guess as long as it does the job right?

• 2 weeks later...

Can you PM me where you got your tank? It is not even close to being lame. That is a sweet tank. (or if you're going to the meet 'n swap and can pick one up and bring it, I'll give you $55.00 for it -to offset gas and your time).

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Archived