Pod Your Reef

Feather duster won't come out

allenspidey

allenspidey

I have had a fairly large feather duster in my tank for about 4 weeks. I feed it regularly and it was almost always out. For about the last 4 days it hardly ever comes out. On saturday I put a new green star coral in the tank (which won't come out either). I fed the duster that evening and it was coming way out of the tube while eating. Since then it never comes out. I can see it in there. I may open for a couple of minutes but goes right back in. My params aren't out of whack so whats up?

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate <5

Ph 8.3

Temp 78

SG 1.024

Had some red slime problems that I couldn't get cleared up. I used that red slime remover to take care of it. Thats been a while ago and the duster was fine during and after treatment. Or so I thought.

allenspidey

No I didn't. I will tonight and see what happens. Still not out today and neither is the green star polyp. Starting to worry me.

GSP take awhile to come out, even up to a week or two. Give the GSP's some time. Fanworm is probably fine, mine goes on stints where it won't come out for a couple of days then comes out all the time. Fanworms are pretty resilient little guys. Do you have a shrimp or fish that nips the fanworm by any chance?

Archived