Coral Vue Hydros

Anemonies Species

newnanofl

Hello All,

I am looking for advice on anemonies. I have a BioCube 29 with a recently installed lighting upgrade. I have been trying to add anemonies to the tank with little success. I first started with a Haitian Long Tenticle and it was fine and then I decided to add a Bubble tip. After a couple of days both looked very bad. Someone mentioned that they are having toxin wars with each other.

Therefore, I am asking any of you if this could be the case?

Can you mix different species or not?

If so, do they need to be from the same region?

Can anyone shed some light?

BTW, I removed the bubble tip from the tank and returned it to the LFS.

I look forward to the discussion.

the simple answer is NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and i would have gotten rid of the long tenticle but thats just me.

I am probaly going to take the Long tenticle back to the LFS and get another Bubble Tip. I want my clowns to host it.

I am probaly going to take the Long tenticle back to the LFS and get another Bubble Tip. I want my clowns to host it.

You may want to do a little research and see which anemonie your clowns are compatible with as well. Not all clowns are compatible with every anemonee.

I have a Red BTA and a Saddle Clown in my BC 29 - they do great together. The Saddle feeds my enemonie and sleeps inside of it every night.

I found a chart that cross references Anem and Clowns on Marine Depot's web site under Anems in Live Stock. The decription had a link to the chart that I found really helpful.

I yes... I do recall reading that some different types of Anems will have toxin wars and shouldn't be kept together.

Good Luck

Chupacabras

If it's a clown anemone, all clowns are compatible with it (IME), though they may not be hosted by them in the wild. Haitian anemone's are from the Atlantic, where clownfish do not exist, hence it's not a clown anemone though sometimes clowns will be hosted by them (and eventually, probably eaten).

For your tank, a single BTA, though I'd advise a lot more research on them before making another attempt.

In the end though, no, you shouldn't keep two different anemone's from two different oceans in a tank that small as they will fill the water with nemocycsts and sting the bajeebus out of each other.

I have a green BTA and a saddleback in my BC29 and they get along great. Just find a clown at the LFS that is already swimming in anemonies. I have the nanotuners 4.36 upgrade.

You might want to think twice about putting an anemone in your tank. Most tank raised clowns don't care if they they have a nem to host, and the nems like to walk around and sting your other corals. I had one in a 55, and it was pretty stable for a while, but then it decided to hike across the tank and stomped like 3 of my corals in the process. In a nano, pretty much anywhere they walk is gonna have corals, so you got a lot to loose.

that being said.... if all you want is clowns and an anemone, thats a different story, but with a bunch of corals in a nano.. eh...

You should pm adin, he should know. He's got like 5 different anems in one tank...but then again, I think he told me that one just nuked the others.

Archived