SaltCritters.com

Nassarius?

alienup

ok i live on long island ny in the water by my house they have alot i mean alot of Nassarius obsoletus. are these snails reef safe are they the same as the Nassarius they sell online?

DOUBLE POST.

uh oh.

I wouldn't do it.

the water on the shore line is NASTY. might contaminate your tank.

well what about in my school they have taken a few from the shore like 9 mounths ago and there in a clean tank would those be good? what long in not great but better water quality?

ssirishpride

not to hyjack this thread... what are those snails that i always find on the ground around my appartment in so.cal. anybody know?

Obsoletus [from what I hear] are more than just scavengers like vibex [the small, tropical species] and could go after your meaty corals [i heard they ate some guys crocea]

You said you live in NY, the water up around here [i'm not far away, and you're even further north] is nothing like the water in your tank, temperature and otherwise.

I wouldn't risk it. Not only do they come from a completely different ecosystem, I've heard a few accounts of people trying them and loosing livestock.

Is it worth it to loose pieces of coral you spent a lot of money on just to save like 4 bucks?

Archived