Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

multi coral bandids

x22hockey

I was wondering if it is a good idea to get a nother coral bandid. I have a Zanzibar coral bandid and want to get a gold one.

questions:

A. Will they be agressive towards one another??

B. will they mate??

Juanhunglo69

From what I have read one in a small tank two in a larger tank. You didn't say what you have it in but I am assuming that it is less than 20 gallons. I do know that they are aggressive creatures. I have one and every time my clowns go into the caves in my rock, "Tigger" runs them out. He even keeps the brittle star at bay. My brittle star used to be a common site, then I added "Tigger" (daughters name for him) and now that brittle star hides until food is put in the tank.

From what I have read one in a small tank two in a larger tank. You didn't say what you have it in but I am assuming that it is less than 20 gallons. I do know that they are aggressive creatures. I have one and every time my clowns go into the caves in my rock, "Tigger" runs them out. He even keeps the brittle star at bay. My brittle star used to be a common site, then I added "Tigger" (daughters name for him) and now that brittle star hides until food is put in the tank.

i have a ten gallon and my marron clown (yes i know to small tank) went near him and hasnt since, do u know if i should get a smaller one that will be dominated so wil either become male or female, please advise

First I think you mean coral banded shimp. In a 10g tank I would watch the one you have. Adding an extra CB shrimp is unadvisable unless you have a very, very large tank since they will fight for territory. You can purchase "mated pairs" of CB shrimp that will get along but from what I have heard and read, adding another one with an already existing shrimp will almost always result in.....one shrimp. You are going to have your hands full with a CB shrimp and maroon clown in a 10g already, I would leave it at that.

according to what ive heard, nanoty is right on the money.. mated pair is the only way

thank you u two, just askin would u two advise against adding a mated pair of neon gobys????

thank you u two, just askin would u two advise against adding a mated pair of neon gobys????

Neon gobies are great nano fish because of their size and the fact that they get along really well in pairs or even small groups. You could try it but I should let you know. I used to have a neon with my CB shrimp in my nanocube. One day he went missing and I never saw him again. I always suspected the CB shrimp because they are know to pick off fish when they get a chance. Of course I didn't see it so I can't know for sure. If you add 2 more fish I would definately stop there as your bioload would be tipping towards too much fish.

Neon gobies are great nano fish because of their size and the fact that they get along really well in pairs or even small groups. You could try it but I should let you know. I used to have a neon with my CB shrimp in my nanocube. One day he went missing and I never saw him again. I always suspected the CB shrimp because they are know to pick off fish when they get a chance. Of course I didn't see it so I can't know for sure. If you add 2 more fish I would definately stop there as your bioload would be tipping towards too much fish.

that is what i thought, im thinking of staying away from the neons and just adding a few sexy shrimp and that is it

Archived