SaltCritters.com

Recommended Dosing of B-Ionic & Pro Buffer

3twenty5

I am dosing 6ml of B-Ionic & 4ml of Kent Pro Buffer for my 18gallon nano. I was told using pro buffer(coraline accelarator) combined will give me a quicker coraline growth spout. My PH is about 8.2 to 8.3 @ night before lights go out, and my Alk is usually a lil High. So I was wondering what everyone else suggests for dosing, if I did not use the Pro Buffer I would be dosing 10ml of B-Ionic itself.

• 3 weeks later...

you're not going to get any coraline growth until phosphates are real low, so you may want to test for po4. also test your top off water for po4 and use a new supplier if it reads anything above 0.

as far as dosing goes, it all depends on how much your tank is consuming. you only want to dose enough to maintain decent levels of Alk and Ca. so, dose for a week, test your Alk and Ca at then end of the week and see if you're maintaining the right levels, increase or decrease dosing for a week and test again at the end of the week. Once you find what your tank needs check it again every month or so to make sure those values are still correct for the tank.

YMMV

Archived